Date(s) - 11/02/2019
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
It’s time to bust through the barrier to the success you want!
We’ve all been there. You see that guy with the fancy dental work, the $300 blue jeans and the oh so confident air get the deal, the gig, or the position you’ve always wanted. And it makes you SO ANGRY! But what if you could learn the secret skills to be seen as the power broker, the winner and the number one candidate? You can with POWER NETWORKING. Don’t just work the room. Survey it and own it like a lion(ness). In this hands on networking workshop you’ll learn to look, sound and act like a million, no a BILLION dollars!
Who should attend: Everyone! Because success in the Entertainment Industry requires having effective networking skills.
Requirements: A tool for taking notes.
By the end of this workshop, you’ll know how to:
- Tune your voice and non verbal communications to project confidence not arrogance;
- Match your communication style with your intended audience;
- Effectively advocate for yourself in both calm and confrontational situations;
- Take credit for your talents and your own work; and
- Negotiate for what you are truly worth.
Instructor: Jeanette DePatie is a writer, producer, speaker and media maven. For the past 20 years, she has worked in social justice and corporate consulting to help people of all shapes, sizes, ages, abilities, races, creeds, sexes, affinities and more do their best work and live the life of their dreams. As a producer, Jeanette has created interactive content for most of the major Hollywood studios including Disney, HBO, Paramount, Sony, Universal and Warner Bros. as well as created content with such legends as Joss Whedon and Martin Scorsese.
Registration information coming soon!
Are there ID requirements to enter the event?
The good folks at the Netflix Security Gate will need to see a government-issued photo ID to match with your name on the list we give them, so make sure you register and bring your driver’s license or passport with you.
How early should I arrive at the event?
You should leave yourself enough time to get through the security gate, park in the parking structure, and walk to the front door of Netflix, where we will have someone waiting to direct you to the workshop room. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before the workshop is scheduled to begin.
What are my parking options getting to the event?
Parking is free if you are on the attendee list – here are the guest parking guidelines:
- Guest parking is located at 1455 N. Van Ness Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028.
- Please enter the Main Entry via the security gate.
- A current photo ID is required.
- Security personnel will direct you to complimentary self-parking.
- The Netflix lobby is located directly across from the parking garage.
- Immediately after entering the building turn right down the hall and wait in the coffee bar area.