Date(s) - 06/01/2019
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Discover the secrets to landing that streaming distribution deal…
Finding a traditional distribution deal is increasingly challenging. Nobody knows this better than Jason Brubaker. After failing to garner a traditional distribution deal for his first feature film, he figured out how to market and sell his movie online. Jason will demystify the new world of online movie distribution platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Youtube, and more. Learn step-by-step instructions that will maximize your movie profits without the middle-man!
Who should attend: Producers, filmmakers, and anyone who wants to understand the various distribution models
Requirements: Something to take notes.
By the end of the class, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the difference between independent film and traditional business and why you need to know if you’re approaching private investors;
- Create a step-by-step plan to sell your next film without a middle man; and
- Calculate whether your film will be profitable even before you make it!
Instructor: Jason Brubaker is a Los Angeles-based distribution executive. He is focused on helping filmmakers make, market and sell movies more easily by growing a fan base, building buzz, and creating community around your title. Jason is a contributing author of The Independent’s Guide to Film Distributors and Filmmaking Stuff: How to Make, Market, and Sell Your Movie Without the Middleman. He is the founder of Filmmaking Stuff, a professional resource for independent filmmakers, and his articles on independent movie marketing and distribution have been featured in Film Slate, The Independent, and Movie Maker Magazine. Recently, Jason served as the Manager of Film Acquisitions for Chill, a distribution platform, and prior to that, he was the Director of Operations for the popular video-on-demand aggregator, Distribber.
Are there ID requirements to enter the event?
The good folks at the Netflix Security Gate will need to see a government-issued photo ID to match with your name on the list we give them, so make sure you register and bring your driver’s license or passport with you.
How early should I arrive at the event?
You should leave yourself enough time to get through the security gate, park in the parking structure, and walk to the front door of Netflix, where we will have someone waiting to direct you to the workshop room. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before the workshop is scheduled to begin.
What are my parking options getting to the event?
Parking is free if you are on the attendee list – here are the guest parking guidelines:
- Guest parking is located at 1455 N. Van Ness Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028.
- Please enter the Main Entry via the security gate.
- A current photo ID is required.
- Security personnel will direct you to complimentary self-parking.
- The Netflix lobby is located directly across from the parking garage.
- Immediately after entering the building turn right down the hall and wait in the coffee bar area.
When does regular registration end? When does the early registration discount end?
Registration for this workshop ends at 4 p.m. on May 31st. The early registration discount ends at 4:00 PM on May 24th.