Date(s) - 02/16/2019
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Moving Your Career Forward in the Entertainment Industry
What you need to know about the power of your brand story……
With filmmaker & best-selling author Phil Cooke
In a competitive world, no matter how brilliant and talented you may be, if no one’s listening, you’ve failed. The truth is, the difference between success and failure starts with getting noticed. What makes you stand out? What separates you from the pack? In other words, what is your brand story? As a filmmaker, creative professional, artist, or business leader, how do you get on the radar? In this fascinating workshop, writer, producer, and media consultant Phil Cooke will explore the power of positioning and how it can transform your career.
Who should attend: Writers, Producers, Directors, Filmmakers, Actors and anyone else who is ready to move their entertainment careers forward.
Requirements: Note taking tools, and a deep desire to grow in the industry.
By the end of this class, you’ll know:
- The key habits that elevate the most successful industry leaders;
- How to transform your productivity to stand out as a creative professional;
- Personal skills for leading and working with professionals in the entertainment industry;
- Specific techniques for being more influential in your career; and
- A list of things you can do right now to take your career to the next level.
Instructor: Phil Cooke is a filmmaker, media consultant, and the founder of Cooke Pictures, based in Los Angeles. He’s produced TV and film programming in more than 60 countries around the world, and in the process, been shot at, survived two military coups, fallen out of a helicopter, and in Africa, been threatened with prison. He was the Executive Producer of “Let Hope Rise: The Hillsong Movie,” and produced the highly successful Fathom Event feature documentary “The Insanity of God.” His clients have included Dreamworks, Walt Disney Studios, PBS, Paramount Studios, The Salvation Army, and the Museum of the Bible in Washington, DC. His book One Big Thing: Discovering What You Were Born to Do was named one of the top business books of the year by the Washington Post. He has lectured at universities like Yale, University of California at Berkeley, UCLA, and many more. In addition to writing his blog at philcooke.com, he’s contributed to The Huffington Post, Fast Company, Forbes.com, Wired.com, and FoxNews.com.
Are there ID requirements to enter the event?
The good folks at the Netflix Security Gate will need to see a government-issued photo ID to match with your name on the list we give them, so make sure you register and bring your driver’s license or passport with you.
How early should I arrive at the event?
You should leave yourself enough time to get through the security gate, park in the parking structure, and walk to the front door of Netflix, where we will have someone waiting to direct you to the workshop room. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before the workshop is scheduled to begin.
What are my parking options getting to the event?
Parking is free if you are on the attendee list – here are the guest parking guidelines:
- Guest parking is located at 1455 N. Van Ness Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028.
- Please enter the Main Entry via the security gate.
- A current photo ID is required.
- Security personnel will direct you to complimentary self-parking.
- The Netflix lobby is located directly across from the parking garage.
- Immediately after entering the building turn right down the hall and wait in the coffee bar area.
When does the early registration discount end?
Registration for this workshop ends at 4 p.m. on February 15th. For those who have a Spotlight Workshop promotional code, the early registration discount ends at 11:59 PM on February 8th.